The Registered office of the Association shall remain at St. Francis School, 31 Cantt. Amritsar – 143001, in the State of Punjab or elsewhere the General Body of the Association deem fit. The Association shall extend its Branch Office/Corporate Office at any place in the Republic of India.
Membership of the Association
Only Schools and other Educational Institutions legally registered or incorporated as Societies, Trust or Companies of Punjab ,Himachal Pradesh ,Haryana, Jammu Kashmir and UT of Chandigarh which are affiliated to the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examination are eligible to become the Members of the Association.
Dissolution of the Membership from the Association:
The membership of any member can be dissolved under the following reasons-
- In case of death
- In case of insanity
- In case of punishment under law
- In case of non deposition of the membership fee.
- In case of submission of resignation or transfer
- In case of their activities against the association
- In case absent without any sufficient cause from three consecutive meetings of the Association spreading over a period of one year.
- In case nonpayment of annual subscription of the Association
- In case their activities against the welfare of the Association
Body of the Association
- General Body
- Managing Committee
General Body of the Association:
All Members of the Association comprise the General Body.
All Members of the Association comprise the General Body.
The general meeting of the General Body is held once in a year and a special meeting can be called at any time according to necessity.
Information Period :
The information of the meeting of General Body is sent to the members before Fifteen days of the meeting and for special general meeting information is sent ten days before the meeting in written.
The quoram for the General Body meeting is three fourth of the total no. of members.
Date of AGM :
The Annual General Meeting of the Association is held once in the month of September every year.
Rights and Duties of the General Body :
- To elect the members of the Managing Committee for the coming year.
- To pass the annual report of the Association.
- To pass the annual budget of the Association.
- To make changes and additions to the memorandum and the rules and regulations of the Association.
- To make the particular and general policies of the Association
- To discuss and record the opinion and wishes of the Association regarding proposed syllabus and changes in the existing syllabus for the Indian School Certificate Examination and other examinations.
- Only Schools and other Educational Institutions legally registered or incorporated as Societies, Trust or Companies of Punjab ,Himachal Pradesh ,Haryana, Jammu Kashmir and UT of Chandigarh which are affiliated to the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examination are eligible to become the Members of the Association.
- ii. The Head of the Institution or his/her nominee shall be its official representative and shall have the power of ballot.
- iii. It is mandatory on the part of the member schools to be members of the respective Regional Association.
- iiii. ASSOCIATE MEMBERS: Schools (or the personnel thereof) which teach according to the course of studies leading to the Indian School Certificate Examination though not yet affiliated to the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examination whether registered or unregistered as Societies or Companies, are eligible as Associate Members of the Association and as such shall have the right to take part in all deliberations at meetings of the Association but shall not have the right of ballot nor are they eligible for election to officers in the Association.
- i. A person can be disqualified from the membership of the Association under the following circumstance.
- ii. By insolvency, ii ) By being adjudged to be of unsound mind by a Court of law or a competent Medical Authority, ii) Absent without leave or sufficient cause from three consecutive meetings of the Association spreading over a period of one year iv) For non payment of annual subscription of the Association, v) For his/her Body think fit for the removal of the Association. Membership vacant under clause above can be filled by nomination of the President and Secretary duly approved by the Governing Body.
CONSTITUENT PARTS OF THE ASSOCIATION
The Association shall consist of the following parts:
The General Body of the Association shall consist of all the members
( Ordinary as well as active ) of the Association.
B Governing Body:
The Governing Body of the Association shall include Office Bearers and other active members of the association .and Zonal Co ordinaters It shall also be termed as ‘Executive members’
C Office Bearers:
Those active members who look after the affairs of the management of the Association and run the Association efficiently and keep record of working of the Association shall be termed as Office Bearers of the Association. At present the following shall be the Offices of the association:
- J. Secretary
The Association may increase the number of Offices according to the needs from time to time by a resolution passed in the General Body meeting with 2/3rd majority of votes.
POWER AND DUTIES OF THE OFFICE BEARERS:
- The President shall be in-charge of the Association who shall supervise the smooth functioning of the Association and shall look-after the working of the Governing Body and General Body. He shall hold elections under his supervision. As a returning officer and shall advise the Association as and when feel it necessary. The President shall be constitutional head of the Association who shall preside over all the meetings and functions of the Association as Ex-Officio. The President shall be the over all in charge of the Association and all important decisions relating to the welfare and development of the Association shall be taken by him. He shall be responsible for the efficient functioning of the working of the Association. The President shall be responsible for all appointments and dismissals in the Association and shall enjoy the right of casting vote in case of tie The President shall have the power to assign any duty to any member. The President shall maintain and look after the record of property (ies) of the Association whatsoever, movable or immovable. The President shall keep all important papers and documents in his safe custody.
- The Vice-President shall assist the President in his duties and shall act in accordance with the guidance of the President. The Vice-President shall enjoy the powers of President in the absence of the President or any such duty/power specially assigned by the President for the some particular project to the Association.
SECRETARY - TREASURER:
- The Secretary – Treasurer shall exercise all such powers and carry out all such acts and matters as may be required for the proper conduct of the ordinary business administration of funds and properties, movable and immovable of the Association under the supervision of the President. He shall keep all records and accounts, collect funds due to the Association and accept donations on its behalf and disburse the said amount to meet the ends of the Association. He shall be empowered to and is hereby authorized to meet the sundry expenses connected with his office upto a sum of Rs. 25,000/- (Rupees Twenty Five Thousand only) per annum for the above mentioned objects and aims at his/her own discretion. He/she shall submit an account of all the above expenditures at the next Executive Committee Meeting of the Association.
- The Jt. Secretary shall assist the Secretary in his duties and shall act in accordance with the guidance of the President/Gen. Secretary .The Jt. Secretary shall enjoy the powers of Secretary in the absence of the Secretary or any such duty/ power specially in the absence of the Secretary or any such duty/power specially assigned by President / Secretary for the some particular task of the Association